Exciting changes are coming to Viking Elite!
2023 Baseball and Softball – New Melle – Viking Elite Sports Academy Announcement
October 18, 2022
This week the New Melle Sports and Recreation (NMSR) Board of Directors and Managing Director of Viking Elite Sports Academy finalized a proposed association merger to bring a foundational Recreational Development program for Baseball and Softball to the community. This joint effort will enrich the surrounding area with early youth Recreational player development, Academy players (Rec+), and early introduction to Club team play. The newly formed relationship will be known as New Melle Viking Elite Baseball and Softball Academy. The combination of community involvement, priority access to Indoor Training Facilities, and Field privileges will give our players, coaches, and families a truly unique and affordable player experience.
Todd Joerling, President of the Board of Directors for NMSR, stated “Our partnership with Viking Elite will provide the opportunity for all kids in our community to be involved in a developmental program for all ages and skill levels. The goal is to offer the recreational players a place to develop fundamental skills needed to enjoy the sports of baseball and softball. Then they can take their skill set to an appropriate level in the program (i.e., Recreation, Academy, or Club). We look forward to the launch of this program and the progression of our youth.
Michael Reth, Managing Director of Viking Elite Sports Academy, added “We are humbled by the opportunity to work and expand our baseball and softball program alongside the great volunteers of NMSR, their passionate board members, and the deep community history. Over the past three years, Viking Elite has grown into a local, recreational player development offering for both baseball and softball; with most of our players, volunteer coaches, and participating families being from the New Melle, Wentzville, Defiance, Foristell, Lake St. Louis, and Weldon Springs areas. To have a home facility with outstanding resources, for years to come, will only add to the existing player and family experience we intend to deliver to the community.”
The New Melle Viking Elite Baseball and Softball Academy will provide the following levels of play:
- Winter indoor Fundamental Training: January – April (all player ages)
- Spring League: April – June
- T-Ball: Ages 3-5 (co-ed)
- Machine Pitch Home League: Ages 5-6 (co-ed)
- Machine Pitch Travel League: Ages 6-8 (Baseball and Softball)
- Player Pitch Baseball Travel League: 9u – 12u Divisions
- Player Pitch Softball Travel League: 9u – 14u Divisions
- Club Level: League & Tournament schedule (Baseball and Softball)
- Player Skill Levels we will serve:
- Recreational Development: First-time players who are still learning core fundamentals.
- Academy Level: REC+ Players that have some experience, growing into game and improving skills. Moderate to upper skill levels in league play.
- Club Level: Players that have a desire to play upper-level competition and leagues.
Other Program Updates
- Indoor Training: January through Mid-April
- Practice and League Priority selection for all practice times and NMSR facilities.
- Player Development Emphasis: Local coaching, volunteer instruction through partnership with a local A-level club players, and one-on-one skill building throughout winter and spring sessions for each player – all while enjoying the game in a family environment.
Winter & Spring Registration begins in November – Stay Tuned!